We wanted to write a post about procrastinating.
Here’s list of the things that have delayed us:
- looking up the definition of procrastinate in an actual dictionary
- realising we have The Shorter Oxford English Dictionary vols 1 & 2 twice, plus an illustrated, a concise and some thesauri
- browsing the above mentioned reference books (this took ages but was interesting)
- tidying up the reference books shelves (took a while, made hands dirty)
- persuading someone else to write this post (unsuccessfully so far)
- the end of the working day (twice).
Reassuringly we read this in Fighting Invisible Tigers by Earl Hipp:
Pretty much everyone puts off boring or hard tasks from time to time. Some of the smartest, most motivated, and successful people are known (or secret) procrastinators.