Welcome back from us all here in the Wodehouse Library! We hope you all had a great Christmas holiday.
Our first Top Ten of the school year saw George Orwell’s 1984 sitting pretty at Number 1. Did the frenzy of borrowing ahead of the Christmas holiday change anything?
No, is the short answer but actually the second half of Michaelmas term did see quite a lot of changes in the titles appearing in the Top Ten most borrowed items:
- 1984, George Orwell
- The kite runner, Khaled Hosseini
- Brighton rock, Graham Greene
- Fahrenheit 451, Ray Bradbury
- The road, Cormac McCarthy
- Heroes of Olympus book 4: house of hades, Rick Riordan
- In cold blood, Truman Capote
- Catch-22, Joseph Heller
- Life of Pi, Yann Martel
- Lord of the flies, William Golding
Hovering just outside the Top Ten was the first volume of Deathnote with the new manga collection proving to be one of the most popular genres the Library offers.
As classes visited the Wodehouse Library in the weeks running up to the Christmas break it was great to hear so many boys sharing recommendations for good reads with one another. We hope you all enjoyed your Christmas reading and have returned refreshed and ready to have a successful Lent term.